Photo Credit: Rawpixel
What to Know Right Now About COVID-19: Resources and Information
There has been so much information and misinformation around coronavirus and the public health practices recommended to prevent the virus spreading. So, if you’re confused about how to protect yourself and your family, you’re not alone. It can take time to comb through all of the info available online to get to the truth, but you can save yourself some time and worry by checking out these reliable and up-to-date COVID-19 resources and links.
First, Let’s Face the Facts About COVID-19
It can be difficult to know the difference between myths and facts when you are scrolling through your social media feeds but sticking with official sources if your best bet.
- When you are looking for all of the latest updates on COVID-19 and virus prevention, you should start with the CDC’s website.
- The National Institutes of Health can also provide you with reliable information regarding COVID-19 in the United States.
- You can also visit your state’s health department page to get the latest coronavirus information for your specific area.
Now, Let’s Put Some of the Myths to Rest
You know where to go for updated and reliable COVID information. Now, you need to educate yourself around some of the latest myths floating around.
- While certain populations are at a higher risk, the WHO states that people of all ages and health can be at risk for potentially life-threatening complications.
- COVID-19 is not like the flu; it is deadlier and much harder to treat.
- Unlike the flu and other viruses, there is still no evidence of immunity in those who have already been infected with COVID-19
Figure Out Ways to Stay Safe
Knowing just how dangerous COVID-19 can be is enough to give anyone anxiety, but you can give yourself some peace of mind by following the right safety precautions.
- Clean your home thoroughly, even if you are sheltering in place, to prevent the risk of COVID-19 infection for your family.
- Know which cleaning products you should buy to protect your home from COVID-19.
- If you need to leave your home, be sure to follow social-distancing guidelines.
- If you are in a high-risk group, also consider having groceries safely delivered to you.
Figure Out How to Stay Healthy
Protecting yourself and your home from COVID-19 should be a top concern, but you should also be taking extra care of your overall health and well-being right now.
- Check out some head-to-toe tips to keep yourself healthy in lockdown and beyond.
- If you want to avoid sneezing and coughing, and the resulting anxiety, also clean your home for allergens, including your furniture.
- To feel better while you’re at home, try to practice more effortless self-care.
- Finally, be sure to pay special attention to the state of your mental health and know that there are resources available to help you get through this difficult time.
Even if you are still spending most of your time at home, you shouldn’t have to spend that time searching for accurate COVID-19 information. The resources above are some of the best for staying in the loop regarding coronavirus and public health guidelines, and these resources are constantly being updated. So, keep this COVID-19 guide handy to save yourself some time and to know where to turn for some peace of mind.
Thank you Sheila Johnson for sharing this timely information.